Daily.co.uk Dedicated Server and VPS Products must not be used for:
- Transit of VPN Tunnels (unless authorised by Daily first).
- Any open recursive DNS Services.
- Connection to P2P or Torrent Services/Networks.
- The running of any IRC services (including servers, clients and "bots").
- Running Proxy servers.
- Launching any form of distributed denial of service (dDOS) attack or other network based attacks.
- Running any mail services that can function as 'Open Relays'.
- Running any programs or software designed to locate vulnerabilities on other servers, including "port scanning" and "password sniffing" software.
- You must not attempt to "spoof" traffic or attempt to acquire IP addresses other than those specifically assigned to your individual Dedicated Server or VPS product within your Control Panel.
- You must not run your network interface(s) in promiscuous mode or run packet sniffing software within your Dedicated Server or VPS.
- You must not spoof, alter or otherwise manipulate hardware (MAC) addresses.
- You must not run DHCP services on the open network.
- You must not run or enable globally accessable recursive resolvers on your nameservers.
- You must not host any material related to online gaming, including gaming servers, forums, fan sites etc without prior written permission from Daily.co.uk. This relates specifically, but not exclusively, to Habbo Hotel and Minecraft.
Daily.co.uk terms and conditions
Security and Integrity
Customers are solely responsible for all content and material on their servers. Customers are also responsible for ensuring adequate back-up strategies are implemented as Paragon Internet Group Ltd does not accept responsibility for any loss of data.
In addition, it is the customer's responsibility to ensure their servers are kept secure at all times. This includes:
- All security patches and updates are regularly applied.
- Any third party software installed is free from any known vulnerabilities and regularly updated to the most stable and secure version.
- Any custom or third party scripts are kept secure to prevent exploitation or abuse.
- All passwords used are kept secure and no 'weak' (i.e. dictionary word) passwords are used.
DoS and DDoS attacks
If your Dedicated Server or VPS is the initiator or the target of a DoS attack or DDoS attack which adversely affects our, or someone else's, network, we reserve the right to terminate your account without notice and you will be held responsible for any charges that may result from this action.
Activities that attract denial of service attacks are expressly prohibited. Customers involved in these activities will have their services terminated as soon as we are aware of them. This prohibition is for the protection of our customer base as a whole; these kinds of services tend to attract attacks that have the potential to degrade service for all of our customers.
Daily.co.uk will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. Daily.co.uk reserves the right to charge up to £500 per complaint to investigate.
If your Dedicated Server or VPS IP address is blacklisted as a result of your activities, Daily.co.uk reserves the right to make an administration charge of £100 upon cancellation of your Dedicated Server or VPS.
Compliance with Law
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that all activity and data on their services comply with relevant UK law. This includes the Computer Misuse Act (1990), the Protection of Children Act (1978), the Criminal Justice Act (1988), the Data Protection Act (1998) and the Prevention of Harassment Act (1997).
Customers will be held solely responsible for any non-compliance and Paragon Internet Group Ltd will assist law enforcement authorities if any illegal activity is discovered. We ensure we act in compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998).
As per UK law, customers are not permitted to use their services is any way to violate intellectual property right, such as patents and registered trademarks.
Customers must also take care to abide by foreign laws (due to the global reach of the Internet).
Actions following a breach of the Dedicated Servers and VPS AUP
To protect the integrity of our network, Paragon Internet Group Ltd reserves the right to immediately suspend any Dedicated Server or VPS if found to be in breach of the above AUP.
Depending on the severity of the breach, a Dedicated Server or VPS may require a rebuild back to its original "as new" state before being reconnected and/or written confirmation from the customer that they will not breach the AUP in the future.
Daily.co.uk accepts no responsibility for loss of data or settings in the result of a Dedicated Server or VPS being disconnected or rebuilt.